Wolfenstein Patch 1.2 released.
A patch has been released for Wolfenstein on PC, PS3 and 360.
Wolfenstein was released back in August 2009 and the Multiplayer team was axed on release day and the single player development team Raven had it’s employee numbers reduced. However that didn’t stop Activision releasing a patch to Wolfenstein a mere four months late
In any case Activision have put in some real hard work and knocked together a patch fixing a handful of problems that has plagued all the versions of the game. Although I think we can say without hestitation that this is Too Little, Too late perhaps one or two people are still playing this game online.
Here is a list of Multiplayer fixes for the PC version, many fixes are the same for the other version:
- Players will now receive their proper gold and stats at the end of the match instead of occasionally losing their gold and upgrades
- New legal text
- Global chat is now UNavailable in spectator mode
- Objective explosions don’t count towards team kills (they will however still kill a player)
- The dedicated servers will now sort correctly by ping
- A waiting bar has been added when waiting for the servers to appear
- When the player goes into the game, the auto-assign selection is highlighted gold instead of black
- Competition mode (all unlocks available, option to turn off the arrows above enemy players)
- MP43 and MP40 are adjusted in terms of damage, range and accuracy.
- Pressing T will bring up the chat box without also entering the letter T as the first letter
- Panzershrek has more splash damage
- Veil Sight drains veil energy more quickly
- Ironsights is more effective
- Amount of ammo picked up off of dead players is reduced.
For a full list of changes to each of the platforms head over the Worthplaying.